Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Old Practices? Can they help?

Hi Readers! Welcome to Plainfield: A Student's Perspective.





Do you think the Plainfield Public Schools should return to some of their old practices? Old courses that they have offered? Well I completely agree with you. To improve some of the students work and their performance, let's go back and revive those old practices and courses. How about Let's Read? Let's Read was a one on one program for First Grade struggling readers.


I remember being in Let's Read for a little while as a 1st Grader, where we had to test before being placed in Let's Read or remaining as an "advanced or regular reader." I wasn't in the program for long, but I remember that it helped me read better, I also remember the Let's Read Teacher's name at the time, Miss Horner. Small things like this can help us achieve in reading more for our students. I know the district still has Read 180, so maybe they should bring back Let's Read. I don't think it should be just for First Graders, but for 2nd and 3rd graders also. With referral from the classroom teacher, they (2nd and 3rd Grade teachers) can refer their student (s) to the Let's Read Teacher for one on one evaluations on reading.



MY PERSPECTIVE: It may seem simple, but it may just help. It will reflect for the positive on standardized tests, quizzes, and tests. Reading is important, let's bring back an old practice that will help students achieve and reach for success. Share with me what are some old Practices that you think the District should go back to. You can leave comments or email them to me. Have a Great Wednesday!


COMING UP: Old Practices, bringing them back for success.



With You For Leadership-

Vashon L. Hill

President

The Leadership Project


"Today's Youth becoming tomorrow's Leaders"


In Assoc. with TLP Publications


VLHill/TLPP

No comments:

Post a Comment