Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Hi Readers! I hope you all are staying warm out here in the Bitter Cold. Bundle UPP!


How are you? Wednesday, December 8th, 2010, I had my last lesson with the kindergarten students at Jefferson School. It was a very bitter sweet moment for all of us.

I attempted to make Gooey Goo for the students. Everything was going well, until I did not have enough White Glue. It was very disapointing to the students. They all gave me hugs and said, "Mr. Hill I will miss you very much!" That made my day, some of them even drew me pictures!



Taking this course has meant alot to me, I was able to get first hand experience working with kids MORE, being in a classroom with them, and actually teaching them. Do I want to go into Education? Only time will tell for now, however I do have a back up plan and I am prepared for the future. If I do go into teaching, I would definitely like to come back to Jefferson and teach. I also want to send a special THANK YOU to my Cooperating Teacher Antoinette Barracato. Even though she was away on Maternity Leave, I learned A LOT from her about classroom organization/management, scheduling and procedures, and discipline. Thank you Mrs. Barracato!

MY PERSPECTIVE: I am really considering Education. I definitely want to take this course again Senior Year. It's a very interesting course and you get to go deep into the Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and First Grade Curriculum.


COMING UP: Words of Inspiration, Staying Warm in This Cold Weather, and WABC-TV Weather Meteorologist Heidi Jones.


With You For Leadership,

Vashon L. Hill
PRESIDENT

THE LEADERSHIP PROJECT


"Today's Youth becoming tomorrow's Leaders"

In Assoc. with TLP Publications


VLHill/TLPP

No comments:

Post a Comment