Friday, November 12, 2010

Updates, Updates, Updates

Hi Readers! School has kept me busy these past couple of days. How are all of you? At this time, I want to give my condolences to the Cadogan family. The 17-year old senior of Barack Obama Academy was shot dead last Thursday. He was well known by many.


I would also like to send some condolences to the family of "Duka." He was shot on Friday on West Third Street. He was well known also. We have got to make a change for the positive as a community. People talk about Plainfield and it's not positive. Let's change Plainfield back into what we want it to be, a peaceful place that we can call our own.


Ok, so I have been busy with my kindergartener's and planning with the Leadership Project. I am planning a good-bye party for them. I will be leaving the class after the semester is over. We will be making Gooey Goo. Gooey Goo is a fun Science Experiment for students in all grades. I am so sad to leave my little friends.


As a member of the Community "In" Schools Council, I will be attending our first event on Friday, November 19th at the Plainfield High School Cafeteria. This event is only INVITATION ONLY. I am sure we will have a positive outcome from this event. I am super excited and can't wait. The Leadership Project at Jefferson School Student Leaders will be assisting and helping with monitoring children.


MY PERSPECTIVE: I am really sad to be leaving my students. As I said before, as a community it is time for us to make a change for the better and the future of our Plainfield students. It's very heartbreaking for them to see the action of shootings or altercations when they are being dismissed from school. Let's prove those outsider's wrong and show them that Plainfield is not a bad place. Let's think positive and pray, pray, pray.


COMING UP: I haven't forgotten about your pictures. I will upload them soon!


With You for Leadership-

Vashon L. Hill

PRESIDENT

The Leadership Project


"Today's Youth becoming tomorrow's Leaders"

In Assoc. with TLP Publications


VLHill/TLPP

No comments:

Post a Comment