Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I have something to say...

Hi Readers!


I wanted to share with you all why I decided to leave the Plainfield Public Schools. When I got promoted from 5th grade to 6th grade, I was pretty nervous going into Hubbard School. I remember hearing all of these terrible things that happen there and Plainfield High School. I remember going onto 7th and 8th grade with good grades and involving myself with positive people. Even though I never had the experience as a Plainfield High School student, I still know of the things that the school offer.

SO WHY DID YOU LEAVE EXACTLY? I left PPS because I felt that Plainfield High School's curriculum did NOT offer what I wanted to do for my own career. Since I left, the Board of Education has created PAAAS School which offers what I want to do. But, at the time I graduated in 2008 there was nothing that attracted me to Plainfield High School. I later found out about Union Catholic Regional High School. I read through their curriculum and I read through the classes they offer. I decided well if I want to be a newscaster or even a teacher, this is the school for me. They offer those classes and have a great background in preparing teachers and newscasters of the future.

WHAT IF? From what I hear, from a current student there that they DO NOT offer the courses that I wanted. If PHS had courses in Communications, Journalism and Future Teachers of Education classes then I would have went to PHS. I have nothing against the Plainfield Schools or anyone in the schools.

ADDRESSING THE POST: I want to address a post entitled "Let's step it up." When I posted this it was not as if I was looking down on the BOAACD and PHS Board Liaison Members. I was simply asking if it is possible to have another student serve on the Liaison team. I think its great for those students to be able to voice their opinions to the public. It may seem as if I am someone looking down on the Plainfield Schools or a student who "knows" everyone in the district and can use his connections. No, I dont know everyone in this distict. When I meet someone who is a teacher, student, district official or has some type of responsibility in the district; I make sure that I speak with them and get to know their character. I have met all types of people in the district teachers at Hubbard School, Maxson School, PHS, Clinton K-8, Jefferson, Evergreen, Barlow and Cedarbrook. Do not make me out to be the villian, I make suggestions that can lead to a positive change. Whether the District Officials run with those ideals or not is their decision not mines. No I am not or do I think I am smarter than everyone. It's a matter of how I feel and what I think, and that's that!

ADDRESSING THE QUESTION?: There was a question that someone asked me on how do I propose we create more leadership characteristics in PHS. Well, their are "The Leadership Project" members at Plainfield High School. I would hope since they are Student Leaders they would or should be withholding those characteristics throughout the school. As President, I am not able to oversee what they are doing obviously because we attend different schools. Any of the PHS students who would like to learn and develop leadership skills are more than welcome to come and learn more about us.

MY PERSPECTIVE: I am hopeful that things will be fine and PHS and the other schools will develop positive characteristics throughout their school. I just don't like when I am made out to be the vilian, when I am trying to do something to better us as a community. For more on the Leadership Project please send me an e-mail at Slhill.LP@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you.

COMING UP: Some surprises and much more.

I'm Vashon

"Today's Youth becoming tomorrow's Leaders"

The Leadership Project

VLHill/LPP


2 comments:

  1. Vashon~

    I understand where you are coming from. I left PPS because I wanted to do more engineering. PHS did not impress we because they didn't have what I wanted. Keep doing big things and don't let anyone stop that.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shon, its Mrs. Renata listen-- as long as you are trying to make a difference people will criticize. Stay focused and know there are more of us for you than against you. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete