Wednesday, July 21, 2010

'The Big C"

HELLO MY READER'S!


On Monday, I had my first day of real work as an actor. I had to be in Connecticut and on the set of the Showtime series "The Big C." I had the oppurtunity to see and watch as the magic happens with the stars. I arrived to the set at 5:30am and walked in being greeted by the producers, directors, and assistants. I was approached by wardrobe to have my clothes picked out and ready for pictures. My Mom and I walked onto the set from the holding center and saw where the show primarily takes place; Cathy's house. The house is absolutely nice. It looks very real to a house, street and landscape. The school that is shown as another key place. The school is right down the hall from Cathy's house. Look's like a REAL school; even though there is only 3 classrooms and one hallway. As we are walking back to the holding center and seated at our table; in walks Gabourey Sidibe. I was shocked because she walked in unexpectedly. My Mom was the first and only to say Hello to her; I think we were all just stunned to see walk in. Her reply, with a big smile "Hey, How are you."


I play Andrea's brother, even though I have no lines. So, I am basically known as a "silent" character in the storyline. I have two other brothers and 3 sisters; making a total of SIX children including myself. My "family house" is about 6 blocks away from the set. My "siblings" and I walk to the set and sit at the dining room table. The directors were planning how they would plan "Cathy's visit to our home." Guess who walks in right behind the Directors, listening attentively, Actor Laura Linney. She greeted us with a BIG smile and a two hand wave to us. It was absolutely great.


My Prospective: I had a great time on the set. I am also currently being considered for a new movie. That's absolutely GREAT. My work load has been heavy especially with the Leadership Project revamp. If, you know any Middle School or High School students wanting to join this program or a program seeking College help. Leave me comment with your e-mail. I'd love to hear from ya.

Have a great day.

I'm Vashon and this is "A Student's Prospective"

"Today's Youth becoming tomorrow's Leaders"
Jefferson School Leadership Project

No comments:

Post a Comment