Saturday, February 12, 2011

How did the Interview Go?

Greetings Readers.


My birthday is tomorrow! I had my interview with Leadership Somerset on Tuesday, It was so fun. I arrived at Jefferson about 9:00am that day. I got there, signed in and said, "Hello" to everyone. I spoke with a couple of teachers before going into the Leadership Office, when I went into the Office I prepared everything I will need for the interview.


Waiting...Waiting...Finally, with a smile the interviewer comes in and meets me at the Gymnasium. I shake her hand, and greet her, "Hello, I'm Vashon Hill." She introduces herself to me, while we are in the Gym; I introduced her to the Co-Director of The Leadership Project. After that, we started the tour around the school. I even introduced her to my Kindergarten Students. After that, she spoke with School Principal Scot R. Burkholder, who said some very nice and encouraging things about myself and the program. Finally, my actual interview, we went down into a Private Office to talk about myself. She asked questions like who are my hero's. My Mom, Anderson Cooper (TV News Anchor- something I am interested in doing) and Tyler Perry (who inspires all with his success). After the interview, Kindergarten and 1st Grade students were in lunch. So, I walked down to the cafeteria and saw my students. They all gave me a big group hug. I was so happy to see all of them.


MY PERSPECTIVE: I thought the interview went very well. I can't wait to share it with you all once I recieve it. I had a great time with her, and I was pleased over with the questions that she asked. I shared with her what are some of TLP's long term goals. Which she seemed excited about. She also asked, Where I get my energy from? I get my energy from helping people, knowing I have made a difference in someone's life make's me happy. Finally, tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited, I'll be 17. Happy Birthday to me!


With You For Leadership,

Vashon Hill
PRESIDENT

The Leadership Project


"Today's Youth becoming tomorrow's Leaders"

VLHill/TLPP
In Assoc. with TLP Publications

No comments:

Post a Comment