Thursday, January 28, 2010

What is the Jefferson School Leadership Project?

Hey! Welcome Back.

As, I have stated in my first post; I am the president of the Jefferson School Leadership Project. This program benefits the students of the Plainfield Public Schools. We as a group with the parents, students, administration, and staff of Jefferson. We plan events, fundraisers, and workshops; these items institute a fun and entertaining way for the students in K-6. To the Board of Education we DO NOT exist. Well, I wonder how is that possible. About, 75% of what goes on in Jefferson, JSLP is responsible. Our Student Leaders commit their time year-round. As, I took office in August of JSLP, I started a mentoring program; this program is for the students who want to be Leaders. They can pick their Mentor (Veteran Leaders) and the veteran leaders train them on how to work a station, how to speak to an administrator, and how to be a positive Leader. JSLP is a fantastic program that want's the best for Plainfield's future.

LACK OF SUPPORT: To do something for a school, you have to go to the Administration. As, we did many times; we recieved NO support at all. This comes as a disappointment to the students of Jefferson. Right, now we have discontinued the Leadership Project; due to Administration issues and lack of support.

In my Next Blog- Drama in the Schools? Is this positive for the students of Plainfield?

I'm Vashon- and that's "A Student's Prospective"

"Today's Youth, becoming tomorrow's Leaders
Jefferson School Leadership Project

1 comment: